Dear N Scalers: Athearn has posted
images of the soon to be released Challanger. Enjoy. (PS - if you
have not yet reserved one for yourself don't wait. We are almost
completly allocated/sold out. So call us if you would like to have
a copy of this great engine with Sound)
This stunning reproduction of the 4-6-6-4 Challenger is the
result of a focused determination to accomplish one thing: create
the finest operating miniature representation of the prototype
Giving life to all the details are authentic sounds that are
channeled through a factory installed DCC and soundboard with
speakers. The DCC decoder automatically senses what type of power
supply is in use (conventional DC or NMRA compliant DCC) and adapts
its functions. The modeler doesn?t have to do a thing.
Functions and sounds available to DCC users include:
Fire box door
Cylinder cock/flange squeal
A handheld wireless controller is included for use with
conventional DC power supplies. With it, modelers can control six
sound functions as well as speed and direction.
The N Scale 4-6-6-4 Challenger includes a history book and
instruction book for quick reference.
- Boiler backhead with full detailing
- Individually applied piping, valves, generators, etc.
- Correctly operating eccentric cranks
- Headlights and number boards with directional light change
- Tender light
- Five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- Pivoting front and rear engines for negotiating 9-3/4" radius
- Factory installed onboard sound and DCC decoder
- Hand held remote control for DC operation
- Blackened metal wheels
- MicroTrains operating knuckle couplers installed