Dear HO Scale Customers, Rapido Trains and Heartland Hobby Wholesale have just announced an exclusive and limited production of Amtrak's TurboTrain 2.0. This item is sure to be in high demand so get your orders in today!
It's a Train - It's a Plane - It's the Turbo
On December 2, 1967 the United Aircraft TurboTrain rocketed to an amazing 170.8 MPH on the Pennsylvania Railroad in New Jersey. To this date, this is still the fastest speed ever achieved by a production train in the United States or Canada.
This exclusive set of a power car, coach and power car toured the United States in 1971, to help introduce Amtrak. It made stops throughout the US to much fanfare.
In 2022, Rapido Trains Inc. is delighted to announce Turbo 2.0. Finally, TurboTrain fans around the world can enjoy a model of their favorite train that runs and sounds as well as it looks. BUT WAIT! This TurboTrain represents the one Amtrak took on a national tour in 1971 to show off the new high-speed technology. Heartland Hobby Wholesale is teaming up with Rapido Trains to produce this unique, colorful showpiece of a train!
HO Scale Rapido Turbo 2.0 features:
- Designed from original United Aircraft blueprints
- New, smooth-running drove system with excellent slow-speed performance
- Completely redesigned Single Axle Trucks with free rolling needlepoint axles
- Every wheel on the train picks up power for rock-solid reliability
- Bright, golden-white LED headlights and redesigned roof-mounted SMD interior lighting system
- ESI LokSound V5 decoders and high-quality speakers in each Power Dome Car
- The only accurate TurboTrain sounds recorded from the last surviving prototypes in 1982
- Will easily negotiate curves down to 18" radius
- Works on DC or DCC
As this is an exclusive production from Heartland Hobby, all listed prices will be charged in US Dollars.
Order Due Date: June 15th, 2022
Expected Release Date: Summer 2023
Rapido Trains - HO Scale - Exclusive from Heartland Hobby - Amtrak Turbo Train 2.0 - w DCC/Sound - Red/White/Blue - Expected Release Date: 2023-08-01