SoundTraxx - Blackstone Models - HOn3 - K-36 Mikado w/Outside Cylinder, Soundtraxx Sound & DCC - Denver & Rio Grande Western - #486 - Flying Grande Herald (Was in service on the Durango & Silverton) (SKU 678-310303-S)
Available On: December 1, 2022
A Little Background
The K-36 Class Locomotives constitute the largest steam engines purchased new for use on the Rio Grande narrow gauge, and saw extensive use throughout the railroad system. These engines quickly became the workhorses for freight operations on the Rio Grande when they were received from Baldwin Locomotive Works in August 1925. This release will include four K-36 Mikados that survive to this day -- Nos. 481 and 486, which are in service on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, and Nos. 483 and 489 at the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. Also part of this release will be No. 485, which was scrapped after meeting its demise in the Salida turntable pit in the early 1950s.
These ready-to-run models will be equipped with a road pilot, doghouse, precision can motor, maintenance-free lighting, and a DC/DCC SoundTraxx® Digital Sound Decoder™.
Scale: 1:87.1 (HOn3)
Gauge: 36" Narrow Gauge
Construction: Die Cast Metal with plastic, metal and wire details
• Multiple Road Numbers and Paint Schemes
• Also Available in Painted, Unlettered Versions
• Precision Can Motor with Balanced Flywheel
• Cab Interior
• Individual Grab Irons and Hand Rails
• Piping and Valve Detail
• Sound Versions Operate on both DCC and DC
• 18" Operating Radius
Sound Equipped Versions - Advanced Electronics
• Digital Sound Decoder by SoundTraxx
• Sounds Recorded from the Prototype
• Blower and more!
• Directional, Constant Lighting
• Backup Light (where prototypically accurate)
• Maintenance-free Golden White LEDs