Broadway Limited Imports - N Scale - GE ES44AC Locomotive - Paragon 3 DCC & Sound Equipped - Union Pacific (UP) #8096 - Gray/Red/Yellow w/Building America Scheme - C45AH (SKU 187-3551)
Available On: December 1, 2017
Broadway Limited is excited to release its most modern diesel locomotive ever -- The GE ES44AC. The “Evolution Series 4400HP DC Traction” locomotive is part of GE Transportation Systems’ line of diesel locomotives that were built to meet the EPA’s 2005 Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards.
All Evolution Series locomotives delivered to the North American market are six axle locomotives equipped with Nathan-Air chime K5HL-R2 “Evolution” airhorns. The GE ES44AC is still in use today serving the entire nation through a variety of hauling tasks including traffic resulting from the Ethanol mandate. CSX has some 200 units on or coming onto its roster, while Iowa Interstate ordered 14 units. Norfolk Southern purchased 24 units, receiving the first of its allotment in 2008.
This spectacularly detailed modern diesel will come equipped with our cutting edge Paragon3 Sound and control system and will feature variable load-based smoke output -- yet another way that Broadway Limited leads the pack in model railroading technology.
• NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDER with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
• Constant Intensity Directional Lighting with Prototypical Headlight
• All-Wheel Drive and All-Wheel Electrical Pick-Up
• Equipped with Traction Tires
• Locomotive Composition: ABS with Die Cast Chassis
• Couplers: (2) Operating MicroTrains #1015 or Compatible
• Compatible Tracks: Code 55, 70, 83, & 100 Rail
• Minimum Operating Radius: 9.75 in