Broadway Limited is excited to release its most modern diesel locomotive ever - The GE ES44AC.
The Evolution Series 4400HP DC Traction locomotive is part of GE Transportation Systems line of diesel locomotives that were built to meet the EPAs 2005 Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards.
All Evolution Series locomotives delivered to the North American market are six axle locomotives equipped with Nathan-Airchime K5HL-R2 Evolution airhorns.
The GE ES44AC is still in use today serving the entire nation through a variety of hauling tasks including traffic resulting from the Ethanol mandate.
CSX has some 200 units on or coming onto its roster, while Iowa Interstate ordered 14 units. Norfolk Southern purchased 24 units, receiving the first of its allotment in 2008.
This spectacularly detailed modern diesel will come equipped with our cutting edge Paragon3 Sound and control system - yet another way that Broadway Limited leads the pack in model railroading technology.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Schemes
- Prototypical Light Operation with Blue/White LED Headlight, Rear Light
Industry-Leading SOUND Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- 16-bit Sample Rate for exceptional high frequency sound clarity
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Passenger Station Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Freight Yard related radio chatter - Controlled with Function Key
- Lumber Yard Ambient Sounds - Controlled with Function Key
- Farm related radio chatter - Controlled with Function Key
- Crew Radio Communications - Controlled with Function Key
- Maintenance Yard related radio chatter - Controlled with Function Key
- Demo Mode for display and demonstrations
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for most effects
- ABS Body with Die Cast chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- (2) Operating MicroTrains #1015 or Compatible Couplers
- Separately Applied Handrails, Ladders, Whistle, and Brass Bell
- Will Operate on Code 55, 70, and 80 Rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 9.75 inches
**Specifications on this page subject to change.
Order Due Date: October 31, 2019
Anticipated Delivery Date: January 2020