Broadway Limited Imports - Royal Blue B&O #5301 "Cincinnatian", Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC, HO (SKU 187-7359)
Available On: October 1, 2022
No Image Available
The ATSF 3460 class consisted of six "Super Hudson" 4-6-4 steam locomotives built by Baldwin in 1937. One of those, #3460, was the Santa Fe's only streamlined locomotive. It was painted in a unique light blue and silver paint scheme and gained the name "Blue Goose". The Blue Goose was delivered to Shopton, Iowa in January 1938, and it pulled many of the Santa Fe's famed passenger trains until it was retired and scrapped in 1956.
In our first production run of the Blue Goose, we are offering two models of the early locomotive as it appeared in 1938 and four models of the locomotive as it appeared between 1939 and retirement. The only difference between the two 1938 models is the presence of the road number "3460" on the side of the tender. Each of our four post-1938 model has a unique paint scheme, prototypically accurate for a specific time frame. The most visible detail differences between the early and late Blue Goose versions are the removal of the full skirts and the addition of the scissor smokestack and associated equipment.
All of the models have hand-crafted brass boilers, cabs, and tender bodies, and die cast locomotive and tender chassis. Each model comes with our Paragon4 Sound/DC/DCC sound system with synchronized puffing smoke and integral GoPack capacitors.
Industry-leading Model Features:
- ALL-NEW Paragon4 Sound & Control System
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with Chuff Sound
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and timing
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- Handcrafted Brass Boiler, Cab, and Tender Body, and Heavy Die Cast Chassis for Increased Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Scheme
- Prototypical Light Operation with Separately Controllable Headlight, Reverse Light, Cab Light, Tender Deck Light, and Rear Emergency Light
- Factory-installed Engineer and Fireman Figures
- Prototypically Accurate Models for As-Delivered and also Post-1938 Appearance
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Ladders, Piping, Cab Glass, Whistle, Brass Bell, Markers, Numberboards, Air Tanks, and Many Others
- Equipped with Rubber Traction Tires for Increased Pulling Power
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches
- Accurate Prototypical Sounds for the ATSF Class 3460 Locomotives
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control System Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In capacitor pack to navigate imperfect track
- Capacitor Pack automatically disabled on program track for full compatibility with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control.
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Whistle for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Johnson Bar Sound at Direction Change
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
- Chuff sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
Want More Broadway Limited Imports HO Scale Steam Locomotives?
Something else you might be interested in: